- This event has passed.
RISE “Get Connected” Lunch
March 13 @ 08:00 - 17:00
Hereby you are kindly invited to join us for an informal RISE lunch on March 29. Having lunch together is a great opportunity to make some new contacts and get connected with the other female scientists working at our Science Faculty.
Please let us know if you are planning to come; so that we can ensure that we order enough food.
We hope to see many of you!
Martina, Miranda and Irene
Date: Friday March 29
Time: 12:00 – 13:30
Location: EM1.17 (New Gorlaeus Building)
Target audience: RISE members
Free of charge
We would like to discuss the following topics with you, but we would also love to hear what you would like to discuss!
- The effect of “life-changing events” (e.g. having a baby, becoming ill, having to take care of family members) on your work, contract, tenure track schedule. In Groningen, they recently increased the period of a tenure track position to seven years, in case of “life-changing events”. What do is our opinion on this; would this also be good to have at our Faculty, and should that not also be the case for PhD students and Postdocs? We would like to hear your opinion and examples of cases (women AND men) that you may be aware of where this would have been a solution for the person involved.
- The official reaction from the Faculty Board to the pay-gap at our Faculty between men and women (if we receive it on time). We had a meeting with the Dean, Geert de Snoo, about this, and we have asked him for an official reaction that we can share and discuss with you.
- New roles in RISE: as of January 2019 Irene Groot has joined the board of RISE. Annemarie Meijer and Miranda van Eck are representing RISE at the university network Sophia.
- Annual activities calendar
- Biennial report of RISE (due in September)