- This event has passed.
RISE infographics workshop
June 18 @ 12:00 - 18:00
Learn about the power of Infographics and create one yourselves
Increasingly in science, infographics are being used to break down and simplify complex messages
- Many scientific journals ask for a graphical abstract with the manuscript.
- Proposals benefit a lot when a clear infographic is added.
- Also the simplicity of a science infographic can be helpful in communicating information to non-academic audiences through news articles, brochures, or posters.
We offer a 1 day course on Infographics for free to our members. If you are interested to follow this course – but are not a member – please notify us then you can be placed on a list and when places are available we contact you.
The workshop will be given by Karin Schwandt (http://www.schwandt.nl/). She has 15 years of experience in running an infographic studio, is extremely creative (my opinion) and serves clients ranging from universities to ministry departments to corporate multinationals. She has developed a tailored course for our group of scientists.
Where: Gorlaeus Laboratories (new building), room: T.b.a.
Tentative Date: Thursday June 18 16th 2020, 12.00 – 18.00 (depending on release of corona measures)
Language: English (or Dutch depending on the participants)
- Create your own infographic (how to reduce all info to only the highlights)
- How to communicate to a graphical expert so they can optimize your figures and infographics.